4.11.06

So there I was. In a place where the majority were black. Most of them Africans. Perhaps all ilegal. Met friends of friends. Hip hop on. Champagne. One, two, tree glasses. Cheers! Leo being silly. Jessica totally outgoing. Me?! Dancing. Sounded good! There was no other choice then moving my ass.
Suddenly "God damn!" behind me. "Oh, hi, hello stranger!". Completely stranger. Had a look around. No, no cute guys. Some ok ones. But short. "Sweetie..." Uh! Stranger again."Yes?!". I could see in his eyes he was glad I spoke English. American man. My height. Black. Nice jeans jacket, white shirt, cowboy stylish hat. "Babe... what's your name?!". He was calling me his babe. How dare?! 28 year-old. Philadelphia. Runs a business with his friend. (That sounded like "risky business". But didn't want to go further.) Spends two weeks in US, two weeks here in Italy. Has his own place in Vicenza. Didn't ask much. He kept going. "Bla bla bla, I want you to be my babe."He started to be touchy. No no. Touchy-touchy doesn't work with me. Turns me off actually. It's all about timing. He didn't had it.
I could see the whole place looking at us. As if we were in a reality show.First thought it was my paralel tall-world and the usual paranoid that comes with it. But later Leo confirmed everybody thought we could be a nice couple.

Caffe con latte.
It's been always amargo. It wasn't this time I sweetened up a coffee...
Just not convincing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ô tempinho de vacas magras ruim esse nosso ...hahaha
Dá nada. Melhor ser exigente do que entrar em furada nega.
Beijo

19:37  
Blogger Célia Spegel said...

Bah, não combinava nem no chapéu quanto mais no café ;)

18:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home